Saturday 6 October 2012

Eat By Design: Day 3

Here I am..... another day in! Yay Me!!

Today has been a great day!  I was up (before the baby) and got to lay in bed peacefully for a while. It was nice.  The family got up, we had some breakfast and off I went to Crossfit.  

Crossfit.... I still love it!  I love the intensity of the lifting, the variety of exercises, the opportunity to be competitive, and how supportive everyone is.  I am still struggling with finding the right weights for myself.  I always underestimate my strength.  I do however thing this is better than thinking i can lift 8 million pounds and not making it through the workout.  I have decided I need to jump in the notebook wagon and start writing down my workouts and how much I am lifting.

Today we went to the farmers market and stocked up on some fresh veggies!  Yellow carrots, kale, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, onions, apples, pears, and of course some beets! 

What Did I Eat Today?
Breakfast - coffee and bacon (2 pieces)
Lunch - A monster scramble - leftover chicken/salsa/banana pepper, with a few sun-dried tomatoes
Dinner - roasted veggies, avocado and sausage (not ideal, but the natural ones ;) and I love sausage)
Snacks - carrots, almonds
Treats - a few squares of dark chocolate and some red wine

What Was Challenging Today?
One challenge is still not sampling the babies food.  I think it is more habit than an actual desire to eat the stuff.  When she feeds me I just let her put it in my  mouth and secretly spit it out. I thing the biggest challenge today is snacks.  I love to snack.  When Avery snacks, I snack.  I like her BBQ explosion goldfish crackers.  I haven't found a lot of snack foods that are quick and easy, other than nuts.  I dont even really like almonds ( I can't stand the texture), but they are crunchy, so they fulfill that sensory input I seek in snack foods.

How Do I Feel?
Pretty Good!!!  I has some serious yawns this morning before my workout, but the rest of the day has been great.  I worked out, we walked to the farmers market, we ran a bunch of errands, came home I cleaned a little and cooked.  Its been a busy day, but I did not feel done and the end of it!

What I Tried New Today?
Today I made Kale chips and "Eat By Design" Cranberry Sauce.
Both turned out pretty well.  I'll Try to take some pictures and do a recipe blog :-)

The Cranberry Sauce http://www.facebook.com/pages/Synergy-Family-Wellness-Centre/86951123061?fref=ts

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend.... wish me luck with all the pumpkin pie and stuffing temptations!!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment