Thursday 4 October 2012

Eat By Design: Day 1

Well.... I survived!!  

hahahaha only 29 days to go!!

Eating the right things is the easy part, its knowing that I cannot eat the bad things that is the challenging part.  I haven't been eating most of the "not by design" food all week, but it was not until the rule "that i can't eat those foods" was put in place that I actually wanted them.

I started day one out with a trip to Synergy Family Wellness Center at 6:50 AM!!!  BIG NEWS!!  I made and ate breakfast before I went!!!!  For those of you who know me this is VERY VERY early for me to be functioning, as well as out and about. YIKES!  

Why the heck am I going to the chiropractor at 6:50 in the morning??
 
They offered a special at the seminar for individuals to go and have a complete assessment of their nervous system done.  I always like a good deal so when they said it was only $20 I couldn't turn it down!  If I am going to eat by design, I may as well look into the rest of their philosophy over the next 30 days and see if it is a good fit for me.  SIDE NOTE: the $20 I paid for my assessment is being donated to the St Albert Food Bank.... great cause!

I am attending a seminar (with my husband) next Wednesday so he can better understand what I am doing. Love that they are including my family in the process!

So what did I eat today?

Breakfast: coffee, salsa and egg scramble
Lunch: homemade sweet potato and cauliflower soup, almonds
Dinner: chicken, banana peppers and mushrooms with roasted veggies

My Biggest Challenge of the Day?

I am making chocolate cupcakes (my favorite double chocolate pound cake recipe) with chocolate butter cream for a baby shower at work tomorrow... do you have any idea how difficulty it is to not lick your fingers?!?!?!  

How Am I feeling?

Well, I am pretty sure I saw red wine on the shopping list, so I am having a glass of that.  Its been a long busy day, and I can't eat cake.... other than that, I feel almost like I do any other day.  Only today, I feel just a little bit better because I made it through day 1!!

Throughout this challenge you will hear me talking about Eat by Design, Move By Design, Think By Design.  If you have questions, I can try to answer, or you can go to the source that is providing me with all of my information  http://synergyfamilywellnesscentre.com/ (you will probably hear me talking a lot about them too) you can also follow the challenge via their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Synergy-Family-Wellness-Centre/86951123061

Until Tomorrow!!

JoJo!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome start, Joanna! Love your honesty. Yes, some think it's hard, but really, the more people keep with it, the most common thing I hear is..."It wasn't hard at all!" Keep with it, and look forward to keep reading your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete