Monday 1 July 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox

I kept seeing the posts on my FB via Just Eat Real Food for the 21 day sugar detox, and I was intrigued. I checked out their FB page, and it took me to somewhere else.  Then it asked me several questions (my answers in red)... DO YOU HAVE??
  1. Sugar cravings or carb cravings YES! I always want chocolate and sweets!
  2. Energy spikes and dips throughout the day YES! I dont often give into the dips, but I sure feel them.
  3. fatigue, lethargy, depression or anxiety YES! I feel fatigue, (not really lethargy or depression) but I do have a lot of anxiety
  4. brain fog, cloudy thinking, trouble concentrating YES! I have way too much brain fog and I often have difficulty concentrating
  5. hunger that goes from mild to intense very quickly I'm not sure I really allow myself to be hungry very often, but when I'm hungry, I'm starving!
Since I answered YES! to most of the questions, I figure it may be a good thing for me to try.  Its only 21 days, and I can do anything for 21 days right?!?!  (sounds like what I said when I started by eat by design 30 day challenge)

I got suckered in and bought the book/ebook for $24. (I thought I would be able to share it, but they have made sure that you cannot) It was a quick read, I really just skimmed the information.  Most of what they were talking about I already knew from all the Paleo books I have read, and wheat belly.  Lots of similar information/facts.  What I really wanted were the yes/no food lists, recipes, and a list of benefits.



So why am I doing this?  
1.  I want to curb those cravings for chocolate and paleo treats and muffins
2.  I want to improve my absorption of nutrients and protein (especially with my exercise plans)
3.  I want to LOSE (never to be found again) the last 10 vanity pounds
4.  I want to challenge myself
5.  I want more energy
6.  I want to feel better
7.  I dont want my legs to feel like dead weights when I am running, I want to improve my runs

What can I eat?
Basically everything I usually eat.... chicken, fish, eggs, assortment of veggies etc. I can still enjoy small amounts of coconut water, and a green apple or green tipped banana every once in a while.  If I exercise intensely I can have 1/2 cup of sweet potato

What can I NOT eat?
Sugar.  Sugar. Sugar.  Yep. that's it.  Sugar in all forms, natural or processed. For me the biggest issues will be no wine, fruit, dried fruit, honey, and limited sweet potatoes.  

What will be my biggest challenge?
Quite honestly, I think limited sweet potatoes.  I love them and eat them 1-3x/day, and I eat as much as I want.  I think the fruit will be a challenge too.  I love helping Avery with her snacks. LOL.  The wine, yep, that will be hard, but not as bad as the fruit and sweet potatoes.

  

I know this will be challenging, but that is part of the reason I am doing it.  My husband is on board to help me stay strong, and push me through.  I will share my success and struggles via the madhouse, and hopefully convince some readers to join me on my journey!!



Wish me Luck!!

JoJo!!


PS: All pictures from the 21 day detox are from google. i did not print.scan.share.etc.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for all this valuable information.

    https://blog.mindvalley.com/sugar-detox/

    ReplyDelete