|The Deluxe Meatza|
I shared the Paleo Pizza, then I thought I would make a true Paleo Pizza, a Meatza. I found the recipe on Pinterest of course, and got busy right away. The first time I made it, I made it by the books... the second time I made it, I made the deluxe edition! LOL I changed the seasoning in the crust, added a bunch more toppings, way better looking pizza.
The first Meatza was good. It calls for Thyme in the crust, wasn't my favorite flavor. I switched it up this time for my special smokey seasoning (If you remind me, I will share it -- or you can get it from Practical Paleo)
The Family Review 2/3 Stars!! I LOVED it. My Husband really enjoyed it although he did not get to eat much (he asked me to please save him some of the deluxe). Avery, well I did not even bother giving her any. Why waste a good Meatza!! LOL
So here is the original recipe, my comments in red and the additions to create the deluxe is in GREEN
1 lb. organic ground chicken - I used ground turkey - I used .76KG
1 tsp. each of dried oregano, dried thyme, and garlic powder - I didn't have oregano - I used my smokey seasoning and garlic powder (no measurements)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional) I skipped this - we didn't have any
1/4 c. Barbecue Sauce- Home made BBQ Sauce
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced - I only had a white onion so that's what I used
1 roasted red pepper, cut into slices
goat cheese, crumbled We skipped the goat cheese and used coarsely shredded parmesan
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 package of bacon - minus the pieces Avery and I ate
1 pot of sliced brown mushrooms
3 BBQ chicken thighs (skin removed) - I BBQ'ed mine (in sauce) while I was cooking the crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. I cooked it out on the BBQ
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Combine with your hands.
- On an olive-oiled (coconut oiled) baking sheet, spread chicken mixture evenly, about 1/2″ thick. Place in preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
- Spread BBQ sauce evenly on crust, about 1/2″-1″ from the edge. Add sliced red onions, roasted red pepper slices, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Cook your bacon, then set aside and cook the mushrooms in the remaining bacon fat
- slice / shred the chicken
- Layer the pizza... sauce, onions, peppers, chicken, bacon, cilantro, mushrooms, and cheese
- Place under broiler for 4-5 minutes or until goat cheese is melted. Remove and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. I cooked my cilantro in the pizza
- Slice and serve!
Tonight I served my pizza with avocado and roasted red pepper salsa!