Yes! You heard me right, the proof is in not eating the pudding? What does this mean?!?! It means that I have cut out sugars and made some pretty significant changes! In the first 6 days I lost 5 pounds, 2.75 inches off my belly, 0.5 inches from my hips, and 1.8 inches from my love handles. I would say that is success!! The nice part is, the last time I weighed myself, I had maintained the weight loss!! I will weigh in again tomorrow, and take my week 2 measurements.
Has this been easy? Yes and No.
What Has Been Easy?
- Surprisingly -- not drinking wine. The have been some tough days with Avery where I would not have minded a glass, but not big deal
- Not eating sweet potatoes. I have introduced so many other great foods/veggies, that I have not really missed them as much as I thought I would
- not eating all the fruit. I have not even had my daily dose of fruit, there have been days that I have not eaten any fruit
What Has Been Difficult?
-the energy levels. I have not felt an uplift in my energy. In fact, I feel more tired than I ever did before the detox. Granted I am working out more, but I sitll feel the detox is effecting it.
- work out recovery. I am finding it much more difficult to recover from my workouts. My muscles seem to be sore much longer than usual.
- I cant run!! My runs have really been suffering. I am sucking wind badly. Doesnt seem like I have enough glycogen stores to get through a 16km run! I did read somewhere that it really takes 3-6 weeks to become fat adjusted and to stop depending on carbs.
How Do I Feel?
Like CRAP! LOL. I am tired and frustrated. I thought this was supposed to decrease the fatigue, but I feel like it has increased. I am frustrated because my workouts, specifically my runs are suffering. I dont want to give up on the challenge, but I really expected better results (energy wise)
On a positive note, I feel great about the weight loss and the size changes. That is one of my big reasons for doing this. I also feel good about myself for sticking to it. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one. I am excited for my next weigh in and my next set of measurements. I am really hoping to see some more progress. I dont expect to have lost another 5lbs and 3 inches, but I would like to see a little change.
Have I Cheated?
Sort of. I made Avery some gluten free pizza, it used almond flour and tapioca flour. I did taste the crust, it was DELICIOUS!! I can not find anywhere in the 21DSD in the manuel that tapioca flour is off limits, but is is questionably paleo, so I would assume its not safe, but OH WELL!! At least now I know now what I want for my treat day when I am done the detox!!!
SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATING!! I have been so tired by the end of the day, that I just want to go to sleep, so I do!!
Until next time!!