Sunday 13 May 2012

Zuchinni Bites/Tots

My daughter is usually a pretty good eater. We have often referred to her as the baby garbage disposal, she will eat anything. HOWEVER, it seems as though she is now developing her taste buds.  I have been finding it increasingly more difficult to get her to eat her vegetables.  She used to love broccoli and cauliflower, now she wont touch the stuff.  I decided it was time to get creative, and of course I resorted to pinterest to help me out!  I have been feeding Avery lots of 'tater tots' because she will eat them, and they are super convenient, so when I came across the zucchini version I was pretty excited, and hoped she would fall for it!!

When I went to the store to but the zucchini I thought I would need tons of the stuff to make a 1 cup of it grated. Surprisingly 1 cup was one zucchini!!!  Since I was making it for the baby I skipped the onion and added extra zucchini.  I tasted one and thought they were pretty good, the baby also ate all of hers, so I think it is a winner!! (we will see if she eats it tomorrow!)


Ingredients:
1 cups zucchini, grated
1 egg
1/4 yellow onion, diced  - i used 1/4 cup extra of zucchini
1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style - i used panko bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper i did not salt and pepper since i was making it for the baby

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set. 

Happy Cooking!!
JoJo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment