I had ground turkey in the freezer, and I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, so I really wanted to BBQ today. As usual I browsed pinterest for some interseting recipes. Nothing really caught my eye as far as turkey burgers go, so I did a google search. I ended up on allrecipes, and as soon as I saw banana peppers I was sold. I LOVE banana peppers!!! I mean I LOVE LOVE them!! Scrambled eggs, sandwiches, burgers, you name it!! Banana peppers in a burger.... mmmmmmm.....
The recipe is beyond simple and sooooooooo easy! I obviously used more banana peppers than the recipe asked for, but I really do love them. lol. I was multitasking while I had them on the grill (watching the baby on the deck). My husband said his was dry, mine however; was delicious!!! I don't know why his was dry. Maybe his stayed on a few minutes too long, maybe it dried out a little as it cooled (he didn't eat his fresh of the bbq as i did). I really don't know!!
Anyhow, I fully enjoyed mine. I felt the juices from the banana peppers really kept the burger moist (except for mu hubbys burger) lol.
- 1 pound ground turkey - I used however much was in the pack i bought :-O
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped banana peppers - way more than 1/4 cup!
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the turkey, peppers, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Cook patties about 8 minutes per side on the prepared grill, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). I didnt time it, or have the bbq at 180, maybe that was what was wrong with my husbands burger!