Saturday 12 May 2012

BBQ Feta and Hot Banana Pepper Turkey Burgers

I had ground turkey in the freezer, and I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, so I really wanted to BBQ today.  As usual I browsed pinterest for some interseting recipes.  Nothing really caught my eye as far as turkey burgers go, so I did a google search.  I ended up on allrecipes, and as soon as I saw banana peppers I was sold.  I LOVE banana peppers!!!  I mean I LOVE LOVE them!!  Scrambled eggs, sandwiches, burgers, you name it!!  Banana peppers in a burger.... mmmmmmm.....

The recipe is beyond simple and sooooooooo easy!  I obviously used more banana peppers than the recipe asked for, but I really do love them. lol.  I was multitasking while I had them on the grill (watching the baby on the deck).  My husband said his was dry, mine however; was delicious!!!  I don't know why his was dry.  Maybe his stayed on a few minutes too long, maybe it dried out a little as it cooled (he didn't eat his fresh of the bbq as i did). I really don't know!!

 

Anyhow, I fully enjoyed mine.  I felt the juices from the banana peppers really kept the burger moist (except for mu hubbys burger) lol.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground turkey  - I used however much was in the pack i bought :-O
  • 1/4 cup seeded, chopped banana peppers - way more than 1/4 cup!
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  2. In a bowl, mix the turkey, peppers, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties. 
  3. Cook patties about 8 minutes per side on the prepared grill, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). I didnt time it, or have the bbq at 180, maybe that was what was wrong with my husbands burger!
Original recipe:

Happy BBQ-ing!!
JoJo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment