Wednesday 9 May 2012

Back In The Saddle

Well Avery has been at daycare for 3 weeks, I have been back at work for 2 weeks, and I have to say... so far things are going pretty good. I'm a supermom! JK, but I am trying my best!



Avery is loving her childcare.  She is with her baby BFF and my friend 2 days per week, what more could she want?!?!  She has no issues with me dropping her off, I have to fight her for a hug and a kiss!  She is napping well, and for the most part having good days.  The best part is, when I pick her up at the end of the day.... she has a GIANT smile on her face!!  Just makes my day!!

As far as work goes... I have surprised myself.  I am enjoying getting up in the morning and going to work.  I am enjoying working with the kids again, and as horrible as it sounds, I am enjoying my time away from Avery.  Don't get me wrong, I love her more than anything, but it is nice to have time to do things I enjoy.  When it comes down to it, I do enjoy being a speech pathologist.  My brain is a little rusty in the SLP department, but things are coming back to me!  I surprised myself by actually cleaning off my desk at home so I can get some of my paperwork done when I am not in the office. 

On top or work, I was given the green light to go ahead and start slowly getting back into running!! Woo Hoo!  Nothing better than getting up at 6am and getting a run in before a day of work.  Something about that early morning run just gets me head ready for the day ahead of me.  My leg is not 100% healed, probably not even 80%, but I need to be out there running, and it is better.  I ran 4 1/2km yesterday, took the day to rest today, and will probably run 4-5km again tomorrow.  As long as my leg doesnt get any worse I will slowly start increasing my mileage and frequency of runs!

Happy Days Mommying, working and running!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment