Saturday 5 May 2012

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp!!

Its experimental Saturday!!  It has been a long time since I have cooked a new recipe, and in all honesty, tonights recipe was not a new recipe.  I actually tried it out about a month back when my dad was visiting.  My husband brought home a pound of shrimp last night and requested the dish. How could i refuse?!?!  So, I figured it was time I shared another delicious recipe!!

This is a super duper easy recipe. It can be cooked in less than 10 minutes (including prep), and it is so so tasty!!!  Not to mention it is a calorie smart dinner!!

my comments as usual are in red



Ingredients: 
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste I used a little more than this - we like things spicy 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced- i used 3 cloves, i use the slap chop, so things tend to get stuck. i find it better to use a little more
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 6 oz light coconut milk
  • 2 tsp fish sauce- i guesstimated. the fish sauce comes out way too slow. lol
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • salt to taste

Directions:

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro. Serve over rice and enjoy! 


Happy Cooking!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment