Saturday 20 July 2013

Paleo BBQ Sauce

Its summer, and what do you do in the summer??  You BBQ!!  What's a BBQ without BBQ sauce?!?!  I found a few recipes for sauce, but I like things that are easy, so this is the recipe that I tried first. Luckily for us, we liked it, and I just made a fresh batch!! Its not the kind of BBQ sauce that you would want to use as a dipping sauce, but after it has been on the grill its delicious!! I suppose you could try cooking it first if you wanted it as a dipping sauce...



How did the family like it?  Avery has not eaten anything I have made her in the sauce so far, but that is not much of a surprise.  My husband, he likes it!  He is quite happy to have his chicken thighs/wings dunked in BBQ sauce and thrown on the grill.  It was great on my BBQ chicken Meastza, and I have even used it on some grilled eggplant!! Yum Yum!

I think the next time I make it I am going to experiment with the spice blends a little.  I quite fancy a Chipotle BBQ sauce!

Ingredients:

  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce – no sugar added - I used a giant can of crushed tomatoes and just guessed what 15oz would be
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste – no sugar added - we get 5.5 oz cans here in Canada, or at least the stuff I bought was
  • 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce - you can use coconut aminos, OR my soy replacement
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika - I used smoked paprika, and I am very generous
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 4 tablespoons unsulfered molasses
  • 3 tablespoons honey - use raw honey - we like Grandma Bee's (you can buy it at the St Albert Farmers market, or Save on Foods) Grandma Bees Honey
  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl and mix well using a whisk.
  2. Use as you would any other bbq sauce!
I got the recipe from: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-bbq-sauce/
I told you it was easy!!  LOL. It makes quite a lot of sauce, so be sure to start saving your empty jars!

Happy BBQ'ing

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment