Saturday 20 July 2013

BBQ Chicken Meatza!!

I'm posting this recipe tonight as a special request.  I have been posting pictures of my Meatza on FB... and the recipe is in demand!  Well one faithful follower wants it, that's more than enough reason to share it.  OH YEAH! and Meatza ROCKS!!

The Deluxe Meatza

I shared the Paleo Pizza, then I thought I would make a true Paleo Pizza, a Meatza.  I found the recipe on Pinterest of course, and got busy right away.  The first time I made it, I made it by the books... the second time I made it, I made the deluxe edition! LOL  I changed the seasoning in the crust, added a bunch more toppings, way better looking pizza.

The first Meatza was good.  It calls for Thyme in the crust, wasn't my favorite flavor.  I switched it up this time for my special smokey seasoning (If you remind me, I will share it -- or you can get it from Practical Paleo)

The Family Review 2/3 Stars!!  I LOVED it.  My Husband really enjoyed it although he did not get to eat much (he asked me to please save him some of the deluxe). Avery, well I did not even bother giving her any.  Why waste a good Meatza!! LOL

So here is the original recipe, my comments in red and the additions to create the deluxe is in GREEN

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. organic ground chicken - I used ground turkey - I used .76KG
1 egg
1 tsp. each of dried oregano, dried thyme, and garlic powder - I didn't have oregano - I used my smokey seasoning and garlic powder (no measurements)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional) I skipped this - we didn't have any
1/4 c. Barbecue Sauce- Home made BBQ Sauce
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced - I only had a white onion so that's what I used
1 roasted red pepper, cut into slices
goat cheese, crumbled We skipped the goat cheese and used coarsely shredded parmesan
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 package of bacon - minus the pieces Avery and I ate
1 pot of sliced brown mushrooms 
3 BBQ chicken thighs (skin removed) - I BBQ'ed mine (in sauce) while I was cooking the crust

FOR CRUST:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. I cooked it out on the BBQ 
  2. Combine the ground chicken, egg, and spices in a large mixing bowl.  Combine with your hands.
  3. On an olive-oiled (coconut oiled) baking sheet, spread chicken mixture evenly, about 1/2″ thick.  Place in preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
FOR TOPPINGS: 
  1. Spread BBQ sauce evenly on crust, about 1/2″-1″ from the edge.  Add sliced red onions, roasted red pepper slices, and crumbled goat cheese.
  2. Cook your bacon, then set aside and cook the mushrooms in the remaining bacon fat
  3. slice / shred the chicken
  4. Layer the pizza... sauce, onions, peppers, chicken, bacon, cilantro, mushrooms, and cheese 
  5. Place under broiler for 4-5 minutes or until goat cheese is melted.  Remove and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. I cooked my cilantro in the pizza
  6. Slice and serve!
I got the recipe from: http://laqfitness.com/paleo-bbq-chicken-pizza/ my version is way better though

Tonight I served my pizza with avocado and roasted red pepper salsa!

mmmmmm.....mmmmm.....mmmmmm ENJOY!!

JoJo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment