I made these scones this morning, and I have to say, I was skeptical. I have an absolutely amazing scone recipe (pre-paleo) that is always very very popular. I didn't want to be disappointed. When I made the batter, it looked like goop, but I have to say, they baked up quite nicely. (I have already eaten 3, so they must be tasty ;-) LOL) I added a lot more frozen fruit than the recipe called for, a few of my scones we soggy, but just as tasty. I think my frozen strawberries were just too big.
Look at me getting all fancy with my China plate for pictures ;-) LOL
The recipe so far only has 1/3 stars. My husband won't eat them because of the fruit, and I have not bothered giving them to Avery so far :-0
Super easy recipe, not a lot of ingredients, and cooking time is quick (although I broiled mine at the end for a few extra minutes to brown the tops)
- 2.5 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt - one of the ingredients I never measure
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey or other natural sweetener or 4 dates, pureed I used honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter or ghee I used butter, scones = butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries I probably used over a cup, but I like lots of fruit
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Add melted butter, and honey.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in berries.
- Drop ¼ cup of dough onto the baking sheet, shape into triangle shapes. this was a little messy
- Bake 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, and you can go without eating 3 by noon ;-)