Tuesday 2 July 2013

21DSD: Day One - part 1

Well it is day one of my sugar detox, and I did pretty good... until there was a lonely glass of wine left in the refrigerator.  I couldn't leave it there to go bad.  After much though and consideration, and some discussion with my husband, I decided to drink it.  It was a HOT HOT HOT day, and nothing seemed to soothe the palate like a iced glass of wine.  Its really not a good excuse, but its the only one I have.  

Now the wine is out of the house, I think I am much more likely to succeed.  It really doesn't seem all that bad, Ive been looking at the dessert options and they look wonderful!!  I'm already ahead of the game because I do not have to cut out wheat, grains etc.  I don't eat sugar, but I do enjoy dark chocolate, honey and fruit!!  I love the food I eat.  I love experimenting with food.  I just love food!!

Today I was proactive to ensure my success (although I failed miserably today).  I had sweet potatoes and didnt know what to do with them.  I know I can only eat 1/2 cup at a time, so what do you do with the rest of the potato?  Well I peeled my giant (seriously giant) sweet potato and tossed it in the food processor.  I made up bags of 1/2 cups of sweet potato.  I also made up bags of shredded zucchini and carrots just for convenience (meaning I only have to clean the food processor once)  Today I also discovered that you can freeze raw sweet potatoes.  I was going to do this with my shredded potato anyways, so I don't know why I didn't connect the dots myself. LOL. Anyways, I tossed the whole sweet potatoes I had left over in the freezer!!  Genius!




So the big questions is.... WHAT DID I EAT TODAY??

Breakfast - carrot and zucchini scrambled eggs topped with homemade guacamole


Lunch - Green Salad with tomatoes, homemade turkey burger bites, homemade guacamole, chopped macadamia nuts, and balsamic vinegarette



Dinner - Zuchinni, Carrot, Spaghetti Squash (what I call chow mein) with sundried tomatoes, portobello mushroom, and homemade turkey burger bites, homemade (sugarfree) spicy ketchup shrimp, homemade guacamole 




Basically all different variations of the same ingredients, but they were all delicious.  I was just using left overs creatively.

So what was once a 21 Day Sugar Detox, has not turned into 22.  Everytime I fail, I start over and add a day.... my own sort of punishment I suppose.

Wish me better luck for tomorrow!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment