Wednesday 28 March 2012

Balsamic Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts

I kept looking at this recipe and looking at it.  I absolutely love brussels sprouts, my husband hates them.  I just had to try it!
Easy enough recipe! Peeling brussels can be a bit of a pain in the butt, and I hate chopping carrots.  I need to invest in some good knives!

I cooked my veggies for 30 min and flipped them once through out.  The came out with a nice crisp on them.  I found the flavor a little mild, so I re-tossed them in a little extra balsamic vinegar.  Depending on how crunchy you like your cooked carrots, you may want to chop them a little smaller, or cook them a little prior to putting them in the oven.  I cut my carrots into sticks, and I enjoyed the crunch they had.  I also added some brown mushrooms to the mix.  I cut these way too small, they were a tad over cooked, but still delicious!



Balsamic Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
serves 2

1/2 pound brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed and sprouts cut in half

3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch-thick rounds
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.


Toss brussels sprouts and sliced carrots with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil directly on the baking sheet, making sure each piece is coated in the oil and vinegar.  Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.


Roast for 25-30 minutes until sprouts and carrots are golden, flipping the pieces and stirring 2 or 3 times during cooking to ensure even browning and so they don't burn.  Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.

Original recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment