Tuesday 27 March 2012

8am Run

One of my weekly goals is to be out and running, or on my way to the gym by 8am.  Today was day one and I made it out of the door just in time!!

Today's homework run was a 45 min run.  Last night I planned out an 8km route for the morning. 

My run today was 8.04km, and it took me 45:10, average pace of 5'37/km, 520 calories burned, and a battle of the hills.  Slower pace than I would have liked, but I will take it compared to my last 3 runs!!  Today was my first fun since being sick that I did not want or need to "Pause" my workout.  


It felt so good to be able to keep running! I had to stop at some lights, but that doesnt count ;) unless its my excuse for my slower pace. hahaha. I really should not complain. Like I said, today was a battle of the hills. I counted 7 hills in my run, and that doesn't include inclines.  Hills take a lot out of your legs!

I'm not sure if my cold is getting better, or it is my diet change that gave me that extra kick today, but either way I will take it and hope that my runs continue to improve!!  I am really excited for my next run


Happy Running

JoJo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment