Wednesday 10 October 2012

Eat By Design: Day 7

I have finished my first week!!



Like I said yesterday, It really isn't THAT hard, its just a LOT of work!!  Processed food was definitely developed to make the working moms life a lot easier.  Boiling some noodles and opening a jar of Ragu is much easier than roasting a spaghetti squash, and making the sauce from scratch.  Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, and the homemade sauces tastes 10x better, but after working for 8 hours and spending 1+ hours on the road, I would much prefer to spend the time with Avery than working in the kitchen. 

Today was supposed to be my Live By Design 101.  I was looking forward to going and dragging the hubby along with me.  Unfortunately with Avery having Impetigo, we could not really take her along for the ride!  Soooooo I had to cancel.  I am going tomorrow solo, not ideal, but we do what we can.  

Since I didn't go to the seminar, I considered going to Crossfit for a workout, but I decided to spend the time with Avery instead.  Have I told you how much I HATE working fulltime?  I enjoy my job, I like what I do, I just hate how it takes so much time from Avery.  Then I feel guilty for wanting to do things like working out, when I could have an extra 15-20 minutes with her.  It may not seem like a lot of time, but when I'm only getting 2-3 hours a day with her.....  There are days she is not up before I leave for work, then I get home at 4:30-5pm.  She goes to bed at 7pm.  Balance.  I have to find a balance.

Back on Track!!

What I ate Today?
Breakfast - coffee of course, and one of my delicious scrambles
Lunch - spaghetti squash and tomatoes (yes the canned ones I didnt have time this morning)
Dinner - "Cajun Spaghetti" - a cross between gumbo and spaghetti sauce ;-)
Treats - red wine, chocolate (there is no wonder I've not lost any weight!!)

How Do I Feel?
Stressed out!!  I think i already vented my stress.  There are just not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do in a day.  I am one of those people who need LOTS of sleep.  I'm a sleeper. Always have been.  I'm in bed at 9:30-10:00 most nights and I still struggle to get up in the morning.  As I said earlier, Eating By Design involves a lot of work and time, and I just don't always feel like I have that time.  That's why I opened a can of tomatoes this morning.

My Biggest Challenge?
Finding a balance in my life! Not completely related to the challenge, but that is my challenge today.

My Goal for Week 2
I have decided to give up the red wine for week two.  If it is going to take a glass or two of red wine (every night) for me to eat by design, this may not be a good match for me.  So next week I give up the wine for a week.  I'm also not losing any weight, so that is a goal point for me next week.  Lose a few pounds!!!!

Thanks for reading my rants and raves... Cheers to week 2!!!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment