Monday 8 October 2012

Eat By Design: Day 5 - AGH!

Another day under my belt!


Spent the morning at Crossfit.  I was excited to go this morning when I saw the the first part of the workout was lifting to a heavy set of 1 (powercleans).  I got up to 105.  115 was too heavy, but I could have done a few reps at 105.  Maybe I should have tried 110lbs. Anyways I was pretty happy with myself.

My plan was to make brunch when I got home.  I was looking forward to some bacon and some sort of scramble.  Unfortunately we needed to take the kiddo to the medi-center.  We will just have brunch for lunch we thought.  After sitting in the Drs office for 3 1/2 hours we missed lunch too!  I was starving. I was not prepared with snacks, and its not like i can just run to McDonald's, or grab a muffin from the coffee shop. A coffee it was.

That was the excitement of our day. No thrilling new recipes to try. No exciting adventures.

What did I eat today?
Breakfast - coffee
Lunch - Coffee
Snack - Amonds, Cashews
Dinner - Breakfast for dinner!  Bacon, tomato, banana pepper, sundried tomato, scramble!
Treats - red wine ;-)

How Do I Feel?
I feel ok.  Definitely less bloated... and yes, less gassy.  My energy levels are ok.  What I really need is some catch-up time with sleep and some R&R, but this weekend just did not seem to have time for any of that.  I am feeling my muscles today too.  I did crossfit 3 days in a row and I don't think I have drank enough water.

What was Challenging for me?
Being thrown into the world unprepared!  Eating by Design you have to plan ahead to make sure you always have something to eat.  My lesson is to not only keep snacks for the baby in my purse, but also keep some snacks for myself!  When I get hungry it is really hard to not eat the wrong thing, or submit to the cravings.

I will be strong! I will continue to fight the urge to eat pizza!!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment