Saturday 28 April 2012

Chicken Parmesan

Tonight's dinner was  going to be decided based on what we had in the cupboards.  We went to the store this morning for some veggies, pasta and sauce.  We splurged a little and picked up a fresh french loaf too.

I had thought to myself that I would like to make Chicken Parmesan.  I knew we had some panko bread crumbs, and I had defrosted some chicken.  I looked at a few recipes on Pinterest and they all needed fresh parm.  I scrapped the recipe idea and just went with what we had.  It turned out pretty well, at least I thought it was quite tasty!  I did not actually measure anything, so my recipe measurements will just be a rough estimate.


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (not the freshly grated stuff)
2 tblsp of Johnny's garlic spread and seasoning (the stuff from Costco)
1 egg
1/4 cup of buttermilkpasta sauce (I used Classico tomato and Basil)
grated cheese (I used marble cheese)

Directions:
1.  in a flat dish (i used a pie dish) combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic seasoning
2.  in a 2nd flat dish (another pie dish) beat an egg and add in the buttermilk
3.  pound out the chicken breasts so they are nice and flat
4.  dip the chicken breast into the bread crumbs, then into the milk mixture then back into the breadcrumbs
5.  in a skillet cook the chicken breasts until the breadcrumbs are nice and crispy
6.  place chicken breasts into a casserole dish
7.  spoon desired amount of pasta sauce onto each breast and sprinkle with cheese
8.  bake at 350 F for about 10 min

I made my own garlic bread today too.  I cut the french loaf in half, sprinkled with Johnny's garlic spead and seasoning, then buttered the bread.  I wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven at 350F for about 15 minutes.  I took the break out of the foil and put it back in the oven for a few more minutes buttered sides up.

I hope if you try this it is delicious for you too.

Happy Cooking.... and eating!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment