Monday 4 January 2016

It's Day 1 - #jojos2016journey

Well I did it!  I made it through day 1, and fairly successfully.  I am not sure if it is the "before" pictures I took, my morning weigh in, or my "before" measurements, that scared the sillies out of me, but I am in this for the long haul!

How did my day go?  Well I woke up super early and worked out. I had my first day back at work after the break.  I ate healthy, and I was not super grumpy!

This is a snapshot of my lunch and snacks that I took for work.  Being prepared really is the key to success when doing the sugar detox.  You need to have food ready at all times so you are not tempted when hungry!



Here is a review of my day:

Exercise:
3km warm up run - no inclines (yes, I run outside and it is freezing at 5:30am)

Five Rounds
5-body rows
10-sit ups
15-squats
20-KB swings

Pull up work

I am taking it easy with the workouts right now.  I am trying to avoid the incredible sore muscles that I seem to get when I jump right back into the swing of things.  I'm sticking to body weight exercises and a little kettlebell work for now. 


FitBit Stats:
Steps: 9234 steps - not quite meeting the 10,000 steps, but I am ok with that for day 1
Distance: 7.22km
Calories 2037
Stairs: 22 floors
Active Minutes: 17 - hardly seems enough

Clean Eating:
I think I did pretty well today.
Breakfast: coffee and a hard boiled egg
Morning Snack: raw veggies
Lunch: veggie soup with chicken and Franks red hot
Dinner: taco filling on a bed of spaghetti squash and parsnip noodles with franks and guacamole



How Am I Feeling?
I am tired!  I think that is fair since it is the first day of the detox, and the first day back at work.  Other than that, I feel pretty good about my first day, and I am looking forward to the upcoming days :-)

That's it for today.  I'm not promising to an update everyday, but I will try to keep it going!  If there is anything you would like me to write about or share, please let me know!!!

Happy days!
JoJo

#itsmyyeartoshine  #jojos2016journey

No comments:

Post a Comment