Tuesday 16 October 2012

Eat By Design: Day 13

Unlucky for some 13! That's just a line I remember for playing prize Bingo at the seaside as a kid...


Today as been a very uneventful day.  I sat in MDT (multidisciplinary team) meetings all day long.  Not a lot of movement happening.  Although it was a quick day, it was a long day.  I am TIRED.  It is 8pm and I am feeling ready for bed. Of course I still haven't packed for the trip tomorrow (I am heading to Calgary after work for the ACSLPA conference).

What I ate today?
Breakfast - coffee, salsa egg scramble 
Lunch - roasted red pepper and butternut squash soup, apple
Dinner - honey garlic shrimp, roasted veggies
Snacks - almonds

--they honey garlic shrimp I made from scratch.  some garlic and some natural honey... it was delicious--

How Do I Feel?
The past 2 days I am tired.  Not sure why, I am just tired.  I haven't had much motivation to exercise (which probably makes me more tired).  

I wish Crossfit had some 5am classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It would make my life so much easier.  6am isn't early enough for me to get home, get ready for work, get Ave to daycare, and to actually get to work on time.  I wouldn't miss as much quality time with my little one if I could go in the morning either.

What Was My Biggest Challenge?
Still not the eating part of the challenge.  I am enjoying my meals and not really missing the foods I am not eating.  Right now my challenge is why are the numbers on the scales not going down???  I know I have not been working out as often as I need to.  BUT, with any of the other "diets" I have tried, the lbs have always just fallen off.... so why when I am eating so well, are they not falling off??

I must go pack for my trip!

JoJo!!

1 comment:

  1. Joanna-keep going, you're doing great! Numbers on scales is not as important as the fulfilling the requirements for expressing your full genetic potential. However, lack of sleep does increase cortisol (so does stress), which makes it difficult to lose weight. I would also focus on limiting fruit to only one serving per day, and if you do have nuts-sparingly. And also increasing your protein intake even more. Remember, this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle, and you are doing the best for you by eating by design vs. some fad diet to make you drop weight (and then for most people) gain it all back again. Don't be discouraged-keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete