I can't be bothered to look the recipe up in the book, so I am just going to tell you how I make it! Techniques used have developed over my multiple failures. lol
|Glad I have saved all my containers!!|
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 squeeze of yellow mustard (approximately 1 teaspoon - no more otherwise it tastes mustardy)
- salt - (i have a few grinds of my sea salt grinder)
- pinch of cayenne pepper (this is totally optional, i only do it occasionally)
- 1/2 -1 cup light olive oil (add olive oil until you get the consistency you want)
- You need an immersion (stick) blender, and a mixing bowl that the blender fits into snugly.
- add the egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and salt to the bowl and pulse a few times
- very very slowly add the olive oil little bits at a time (that's how slowly you need to add it)
- start the blender at the bottom of the container and gradually move it to the top. repeat.
- continue to add the olive oil slowly until you get the consistency you want
- once the liquid starts emulsify (thicken), you can add the olive oil a little quicker