Sunday 16 June 2013

Paleo Everyday Cookies

I have made these cookies a few times, and finally got around to taking a picture so I could share the recipe with you!  The first time I made them I did not like them, I found them too soggy.  The next time I threw some coconut in there, so i have kind of stuck with that!  The wetness from the batter will really depend on how juicy your apples are.  You can add more flour or coconut!

I would like to say that Avery loves them, but so far, in my several tries making them, she has only ever picked out the chocolate chips.  That is pretty common for her though.  LOL.  Oh well, I love them.  I have eaten at least 12 over the past 3 days. Hahahahaha!!



Ingredients
  • 1 peeled Banana (I keep a bag of very old banana's in my fridge for baking. the riper the better)
  • 1 peeled and sliced Apple (I never bother peeling the apples)
  • 1/2 cup Almond Butter
  • 3 Tbsp Palm Shortening (I used coconut oil this time around - best cookies so far)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I never measure my vanilla)
  • 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
  • Parchment Paper (This is optional. You can also grease a cookie sheet)
  • I added unsweetened coconut, not really sure how much, check the consistency of your cookie dough, if it looks really wet add some more
  • I always add chocolate chips
  • (dried fruit would also be a nice option 
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Puree the Banana and Apple in a food processor.
  • Add the almond butter, shortening and vanilla extract to the processor.
  • In a separate bowl mix the Blanched Almond Flour, Baking Soda, and Celtic Sea Salt.
  • Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the food processor.
  • Mix until combined. (if it looks really wet either add more flour or coconut.  when they are wet they become soggy cookies)
  • Tbsp size balls on the parchment paper (which is on top of a cookie sheet). I hate parchment paper, too much fuss, so I just grease my cookie sheet
  • squish the cookies flat, they dont flatten much on their own like regular cookies
  • Bake for 8 to 16 minutes.
  • EAT!
The original recipe is from Paleo Parents "Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten Free Kids"

 
The recipe made me 24 cookies, so there are plenty for sharing!!

Happy Baking,

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment