Monday 17 June 2013

Paleo Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies

I was super excited to see these on Just Eat Real Food, I am always looking for great recipes for breakfast. Especially things for Avery, and things that you can take on the go.  Who doesn't love apple and cinnamon?!?!

It turns out that I dont!  I really did not enjoy these cookies.  I found them dry, and they did not have a big apple taste to them.  They were more dry cake than cookie.  I used Fuji apples, it is what we had in the fridge, and the recipe made no apple suggestions.  I think I may try the recipe again, but with more apples.  1/3 of a cup of apples really doesn't seem like enough apple to me.  I think adding more apple would increase the moisture of the cookies a bit.

On the positive side, it was a super easy recipe!  I chucked it all in the food processor and pulsed away!



Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 1-2 tbsp almond milk (if needed) (I used coconut milk - didnt have almond milk)
  • 2 tsp vanilla (I used extra)
  • 1/3 cup shredded apple (I would suggest using more)
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger powder
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Directions:
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add a touch of honey if you prefer sweeter cookies. (I used my food processor, and I did add some honey)
  • Drop cookies by spoonful onto the parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until done to your liking. (I hate parchment paper, the next time I would just grease the cookie sheet)
The original recipe was from http://www.whatrunslori.com/2012/05/paleo-apple-cinnamon-breakfast-cookies/

Let me know if they work out any better for you!!

Happy Baking!

JoJo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment