Friday 21 June 2013

Bacon Guacamole

Yes, you read that correctly!  Bacon Guacamole!! What could make guacamole taste better?!?!  Bacon of course!!  Everything tastes better with bacon!!  I have seen recipes for bacon guacamole, but not really looked at them in detail until i saw the recipe for bacon guacamole stuffed burgers (recipe to follow), well i just had to give it a try! I was also super duper excited about all of the fresh cilantro I was growing in my garden, I had to do something with it!

Sneak peak at the burgers!


Super easy recipe, only 5 ingredients! (although I add 6).  My husband likes avocados, but doesn't like guacamole.  He didn't mind the bacon guacamole.  I absolutely loved it.  I made a double batch today!! I'm very excited!

Ingredients:
  • 4 – 6 slices of bacon, depending on size (always go for more bacon!)
  • 2 avocados
  • Juice of 1/2 or to taste (I used the whole lime)
  • 1 tbl finely chopped fresh cilantro (I used quite a bit more)
  • 5 green onions, chopped 
  • Salt to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat a flat bottomed pan over the stove at medium heat and begin to fry bacon until crisp, about 8 – 10 minutes.
  2. While bacon is frying, cut the avocados, then remove and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scrape out the avocado flesh into a bowl. Use a fork to gently mash the avocado, leaving chunks of whole avocado. I find it easier to chop with a knife initially and then mash with a fork.  If I start with a fork the avocado just slides around
  3. Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and add the cilantro. Add the green onions & stir the guacamole together.
  4. When the bacon is done, remove to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess grease. When cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into crumbles and stir into the guacamole.
  5. At this point I throw in some salt to taste too

Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy!  I love guacamole.  I am quite confident it would be good without the bacon.

Original Recipe is from Paleo Parents, but I got it from:  http://meatified.com/stuffed-bacon-guacamole-burger/

Enjoy!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment