|Sneak peak at the burgers!|
Super easy recipe, only 5 ingredients! (although I add 6). My husband likes avocados, but doesn't like guacamole. He didn't mind the bacon guacamole. I absolutely loved it. I made a double batch today!! I'm very excited!
- 4 – 6 slices of bacon, depending on size (always go for more bacon!)
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1/2 or to taste (I used the whole lime)
- 1 tbl finely chopped fresh cilantro (I used quite a bit more)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a flat bottomed pan over the stove at medium heat and begin to fry bacon until crisp, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- While bacon is frying, cut the avocados, then remove and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scrape out the avocado flesh into a bowl. Use a fork to gently mash the avocado, leaving chunks of whole avocado. I find it easier to chop with a knife initially and then mash with a fork. If I start with a fork the avocado just slides around
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and add the cilantro. Add the green onions & stir the guacamole together.
- When the bacon is done, remove to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any excess grease. When cool enough to handle, chop the bacon into crumbles and stir into the guacamole.
- At this point I throw in some salt to taste too
Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy! I love guacamole. I am quite confident it would be good without the bacon.
Original Recipe is from Paleo Parents, but I got it from: http://meatified.com/stuffed-bacon-guacamole-burger/