Thursday 14 January 2016

The Power of the Mind

Today was a battle of will power......

When I woke up, I contemplated staying in bed.  My legs felt they were stuck to the bed.  I could have justified a rest day, but I didn't. I got up and I showed up.  I was out on my run and I had it in my mind that I would just do the short loop to warm up.  I got to the turn and just kept on running.  I showed up.  In the garage I was looking at the workout and thought, that seems like a lot of cleans for my first day back with that movement.  Maybe I should change it.  I didn't I showed up.  I am proud of myself for not giving in.

My morning was not all sunshine and roses. I got out of bed late. I took forever to get out of the house.  My runs are super slow these days. ANNNND, well, I ran out of time for my WOD. I had hoped to do 8-10 rounds, but only made it through 5.  I have to be done by 6:30 if I have any hope of enjoying my coffee and being out of the house on time. Despite all my mental battles today, life sometimes still wins, and I am ok with that. I accomplished more this morning that I ever expected to when I woke it.  Still a win for me.

Here is my day......

Exercise:



FitBit Stats: My morning run makes a huge difference with my daily steps
Steps:  11208 steps 
Distance: 8.72km
Calories 2160
Stairs: 13 floors
Active Minutes: 23

Clean Eating:
Breakfast: scrambled egg with veggies
Morning Snack: raw veggies, hard boiled egg, macadamia nuts, turkey pepperoni
Lunch: sweet potato lasagna & a burger patti
Dinner: eggplant lasagna, roasted vegetables, Spolumbos spicy chicken sausage

How Am I Feeling?
As always at 8pm, I am tired and my body just sinks into my bed.  I am looking forward to my work day tomorrow.  Busy with lots of things I enjoy about my job!

Time for me to try and read a bit before I crash... Nighty Night!

JoJo

#itsmyyeartoshine  #jojos2016journey

No comments:

Post a Comment