|Paleo Orange Chicken and Curry Spinach|
So here is the original recipe with my input in red...
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite size pieces) I used chicken breasts
- 3 T fat (coconut oil works well here)
- juice of 2 oranges*
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 t fresh ginger
- 3 T coconut aminos or wheat-free soy sauce I used coconut aminos
- 1 t chili garlic sauce or sriracha I used siracha sauce, as garlic chili sauce has some not so great stuff in it
- 3 green onions, chopped I bought green onions, but forgot to use them
- In a medium size sauce pot, add the orange juice, zest, ginger, coconut aminos and chili garlic sauce or sriracha.
- Set over medium heat and let simmer to reduce and thicken while the chicken cooks. Mine never really seemed to thicken up
- In a saute pan, heat 3 T of the fat of your choice, over medium high heat.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and cook until a nice brown crust has developed on the chicken pieces, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce pot and stir to coat with the orange sauce. I let my chicken hang out in the sauce for a while so it really absorbed the flavor of the sauce. I would almost be tempted to cook my chicken in the sauce.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions.
Original Recipe: http://www.health-bent.com/poultry/paleo-orange-chicken
Tonight I am going to try this recipe with some shrimp! I will be cooking my shrimp in the sauce so I will let you know how it turns out!!