Tuesday 21 February 2017

Egg Muffins

Look at me, already writing another post, are you not super excited?!?!  LOL

I am not a breakfast eater.  I am more of a brunch girl.  I like to start my meals around 10:30am.  During the work week I typically have a banana and a hard boiled egg, or some chopped veggies and a hard boiled egg.  Weekends i like to enjoy a leftover scramble, a Paleo version of an egg mcmuffin (wellr really it is just my version), or i just drink extra coffee.

Now I am doing the Whole 30 I need to start eating breakfast.  I need to eat protein, fat and carbs.  That's a lot of thinking for first thing in the morning.  So how do I, as a person who relies on food prep start incorporating breakfast into my daily routines?  I start with egg muffins.  The most simple, yet delicious breakfast ever! 





Easiest Recipe Ever:

Ingredients:
1. Bacon 
2. Eggs
3. Whole30 options: tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, chopped spinach
4. Non-Whole30 options: shredded cheese, feta cheese

Directions: 
1. slightly cook your bacon (I did not do this the first time, so my bacon was not cooked enough)
2. line a muffin tin, or silicone muffin cups with bacon
3. crack an egg and drop it in the muffin cup OR whip an egg and add some fillings and pour it in the muffin cup
4. top with salt/pepper/paprika
5. bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes depending on how cooked you like your eggs :)

Happy egging my friends :)

JoJo!
#whole30 #thisishowicelebrateme     

No comments:

Post a Comment