Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Whole 30 - Day 2 - The Hangover

Day 2....
Wow! I was not expecting this!  No kidding they call this the hangover.  I woke up this morning feeling like I was hit by a truck.  I could not get out of bed.  My legs felt like they weight 1200lbs each, and my head was throbbing!  Crazy. I skipped my morning workout and slept for a bit longer.  I got up to walk the dog, and my legs felt better after that.  The headache however... that lasted a little bit longer.  By mid-morning my head was still throbbing, so I ate a banana.  My hope was that a little natural sugar would kill the headache.  I guzzled some water, and eventually the headache went away.  I have not felt at my best at all today. Please let tomorrow be better!


Day 1 recap:
That was an easy day.  I ate a good breakfast, went for a run, and had a fabulous lunch.  I even managed my run without chewing gum.  I thought that would be the most difficult thing for me!

I spent the rest of my day with some food prep.  I made mayo and ranch dressing... so I have lots of exciting dips.  I also made some egg muffins for breakfast, meatballs and twice baked stuffed buffalo chicken sweet potatoes.  I will share that recipe as soon as I write it up! (absolutely delicious by the way) :)

I went to bed at a reasonable time.  Drank lots of water, and didn't even crave any sweets or treats throughout the day!  I was not expecting to wake up today feeling like ass :-(

Note to self for next time I try the Whole30
DO NOT EAT ALL THE FOOD RIGHT BEFORE THE WHOLE30! Had I eaten my regular meals and not binged on wine, pizza, chocolate, and bread, I think I would have been fine today.


Oh Well, hopefully the hangover does not last over day 2.

Until Tomorrow.....
JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment