Friday 5 February 2016

Sweet Potato Lasagna

Finally, I am writing up the recipe for my sweet potato lasagna!  I have had a few requests for this recipe, and I have been meaning to write it, but you know how life gets in the way!  I would like to take full credit for this recipe, but I can't.  It is really just a variation of the Vegetable Lasagna from the 21 Day Sugar Detox cookbook, with a JoJo twist.  I absolutely love this dish, it is one of my absolute favorites.  I could eat it all day long!

As usual it is kind of difficult for me to write a recipe for others to follow, because I don't follow many rules.  I just make it up as I go along. 

Ingredients:
Sweet Potatoes (how much you use depends on your dish.  I always make extra to eat)
Diced Tomatoes (I use the organic diced tomatoes from Costco)
Tomato Sauce (one can of organic tomato sauce from Costco)
Onion (depends on how much you like onion)
3-4 cloves of Garlic
mushrooms (an entire container of mushrooms from Costco)
spinach / mixed greens (3/4 - 1 full bag of power greens from Costco)
 2 + tbsp. Ghee
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
  1. Heat your oven to 350F
  2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
  3. Using a mandolin slicer - slice the sweet potatoes long ways and line them on the parchment paper
  4. melt the ghee, and paint the sweet potato slices with ghee.  season with salt and pepper.  cook for 15-20 min depending on the thickness.
  5. chop your onion and sauté with the garlic
  6. in a bowl combine: onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce
  7. sauté the mushrooms until desired softness
  8. sauté the greens until slightly limp
  9. begin layering the pan
  10. sweet potato - mushrooms - sauce - sweet potatoes - greens - sauce - sweet potatoes - sauce
  11. bake for 15-30 minutes
Easy Peasy right?!?!?!  It is a little time consuming to make, but I promise you it is worth every minute!  Here are some pictures of my process, so you get the idea!




Hope you enjoy, Happy eating!

JoJo

#jojos2016journey  #itsmyyeartoshine

No comments:

Post a Comment