Monday 20 July 2015

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

Hello Everyone!  Hope day 1 of your challenge went well for you.  I think I had a pretty good day.  I was worried I would not make it up to workout.  I woke up at 11:30pm to use the bathroom and take Avery to the bathroom (having to re-train nights).  I found myself still awake at 2:30am.  When my alarm went off at 5:15 I turned it right off.  Luckily I had also set my alarm for 6am.  I was able to force myself out of bed and into the garage!  Yay me! I knew I needed to get my workout in before I went to my course, and it was a good call.  I was BAGGED when I got home.  Thankfully there is plenty of prepped food in my fridge. (another one of those things I did to ensure I would be successful this week)


So here is my summary for day 1:

Exercise:
I warmed up and did a variation of the CFE WOD (Crossfit Edmonton Workout of the Day)
10 Rounds
200m Run
5 Dumbell power clean and jerks
It took me 17 minutes -- no wine yet! LOL

Throughout the day I did get in some walking on my breaks and lunch, which included 3 flights of stairs and a walk for coffee. That really increased my activity level for the day!

FitBit Stats:
Steps: 12670 steps
Distance: 9.52km
Calories 2,220
Stairs: 22 floors
Active Minutes: 71

Clean Eating:
I think I did pretty well today.
Breakfast: coffee and a poop cookie ( I promise I will share the recipe)
Morning Snack: spolumbos spicy Italian sausage
Lunch: salad with quinoa, peppers, tomatoes and hard boiled eggs (I introduced quinoa as an additional carb source)
Afternoon snack: carrots and peppers
Dinner: salad, meatza and my GF butter chicken naan bread pizza (it is not dairy free, because it does have some cheese on it)
Treats: GF/DF brownies from Brittany Angell's Every Last Crumb

Positive Thinking:
Today I am thankful for:
1. Having the opportunity to take the current course I am enrolled in (thanks to my job)
2. Having a best friend as wonderful as Deanne to help me out and take care of Avery for the day - huge bonus - Avery had an amazing day
3. I'm thankful that I made my lunch last night so the morning was not super chaotic.  I was actually punctual this morning (for anyone who really knows me.... this is huge!)

Sleep:
Well I did not get my hours last night, but teeeeccchhhhnically that doesn't count right?  I sure did try though, I was in bed at 8:30 and probably asleep by 9!

Wine:
According to my fitbit, I earned 1 glass.  I will save it for another day!

I am absolutely exhausted, and it is bed time!  I would love to hear about your progress!

Night Night!
JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment