Monday 21 May 2012

Vegetable Cookies

Yes another very strange cookie recipe courtesy of Pinterest.  I was pretty sure they would not taste like cookies, and this time I was right, but it doesn't mean they are not delicious!! 

I over cooked my first batch, but Avery still seemed to enjoy them.  They taste really nice dipped in some sort of dip.  I used my mom's dill dip, so I will include that recipe as well (two for your money today!) My husband who I am sure you have figured out by now is not a vegetable guy, but he didn't mind them.  It was his idea to eat them with something to dip into.

The original recipe did not come with any measurments, and I added way more vegetables than were listed.  I went a little crazy, so of course I had to alter everything within the recipe.  Here is the recipe / measurements I used.  The link to the original recipe is at the end.



Ingredients:
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 a giant zucchini
1/2 cup of mushrooms
2 spring onions
1 - 1/2cup flour
4 eggs
1- 1/2 cups cheese (I used chedder, parmesan shredded and grated, and a pizza blend)
3 tbsp milk
pepper
salt
oil

Directions:
I slap chopped all of my veggies using my Pampered Chef food chopper.  That thing is AMAZING.  I wanted the veggies in small chunks since I was making them for the baby.

Lightly beat the 4 eggs.

Grate the cheese.

Heat 2 tbsp oil and stir-fried the vegetables, over medium-high heat, for about 5 minutes.  Or until the veggies have the desired consistency.  I wanted mine a little softer for the baby, so I cooked them a little longer.

After about 5 minutes, lower the heat, sprinkle the flour all over, added the cheese and seasoned the batter with pepper and salt.  I skipped the seasoning since I was making them for the baby.

Cook over low heat for about a minute, then turn the heat off and set the pan aside for a minute.

Add the beaten eggs and milk and give everything a really, really good stir.

Line your cookie/baking sheet with baking paper and drop healthy spoonful of vegetable/flour mix on top. My batter made for about 24 + cookies.

Bake the cookies (in a pre-heated oven) at 400F (200C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Until golden-brown. They’re best when eaten (luke) warm.


The Dip:
4 heaping tablespoons of mayonaise
5 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
seasoning salt (to taste)
2 tsp or so of dill

mix it all up and chill!!

Hope you enjoy this as much as Avery and I did!

JoJo!

No comments:

Post a Comment