Tuesday 22 May 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites

Another delicious "bite" size niblet i tried out for the baby.  Another way to make my life easier.  Pretty simple to make, and quinoa is high in protein, so they can be Avery's carb or meat for the meal!!  They are a little messy though, so when she eats them she must be sitting in her highchair!!

I did not include the salt and pepper for her, but I think they next time I make them I will add a little black pepper.  I think that they needed some seasoning for my taste buds, but my husband liked them!  I made a batch of 24 and froze 1/2 of them.  I really need to work on my photography skills!!  

I made these a few days ago, so I cannot remember exactly, but I am pretty sure I added extra cheese.  I know I used a combination of cheddar and parmesan (both shredded and grated)



Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 2 stalks green onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3.  Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each). 
4.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.


Happy Cooking!!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment