Sunday 5 November 2017

Week 4 of Keto - My Keto Weight Loss

DISCLAIMER:  This is about my personal journey.  You may or may not think I have weight to lose, but again, this is my journey not yours.  Throughout this journey I have discovered many reasons to continue with Keto that are not weight loss related.  BUT, keto has been a  great way for me to lose weight, and discover a happier healthier me.  I know that the number on the scale does not define me, but again this is my journey, and I am just sharing my experience. I have found this to be a positive path to weight loss for me.

Woop Woop!  Week 4 of Keto in the bag and I think I am getting the hang of this! hahaha!  It is about time, well at least that is what I am thinking.  This week has been a big week for me and I have gotten over a few of the humps I was experiencing.  

Week 4 = I have been doing strict Keto/Classic Keto for 4 weeks.  I did however start "playing around" - (cooking keto) except for weekends in the beginning of September.

Keto and Weight Loss
I started looking into Keto initially for some weight loss. Many people will say "why? you don't need to lose weight?" BUT, I hide it very well.  I always wear baggy shirts that hide the areas I find undesirable. It is not until you see my before any after pictures that you can really see the difference... I'm not sure if I am ready to share the pictures... mostly because I hate the before pictures.

ANYWAYS! Back on topic.  This past year, and especially over the summer I was able to really pack on a few extra lbs.  I was at the heaviest I had ever been in August.  My friends and I tried some clean eating and calorie counting, and it worked, until I fell of the wagon and the pounds slid right back on. 

When I started "playing around" with Keto (in the beginning of September) the lbs started to slowly slide off.  My weight has always fluctuated 2-5lbs, but my low was getting lower, and my highs were soon becoming my previous lows.  Then I hit a plateau... 10 days with no movement on the scale in the right direction.  I was starting to wonder if I was doing things right and started to listen more to my Podcasts, and explore more of my social media groups.  I increased my electrolyte intake, increased my leafy greens, and my world seems to have turned around.

Over the past week I have dropped another 2lbs and reached 53% of my goal!!!! That is a grand total of 11.1lbs since September 4!




The crazy cool thing I have noticed over the past week is that my weight fluctuations are not as big.  That 2-5lbs, is really only 1-2lbs.  The best part of all of this, is I am really not on a "diet."  I am enjoying the food I am eating, and I am not restricting calories at all.

And guess what?!?! my clothes are starting to fit me again, and I am regaining the confidence to wear some of my not so baggy clothes.  My wardrobe options are suddenly expanding! haha

Anyways, that is it for this week.
Keto on!
JoJo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment