Monday 7 March 2016

UPDATE: #jojos2016journey


I know, it has been a long time since I have posted.  I always say I will do better, but never seem to get with the program!  My excuse?  None really, it’s just laziness.  I am too lazy to get my laptop out of my work bag and write a post.  I will work on that.

The good news is… I have not given up on my goals for myself for 2016.  I am working out consistently.  I am for the most part eating clean, and I am working on being more present.
You would be proud of me.  I have been in my garage 4 mornings a week at 5:30am working out. I run 3-4km do some strength training and then throw in a WOD.  I am working on the skills I dislike, like push-ups, thrusters, and burpees. I am fighting through the awful, and I am continuing to do it alone. When I started my garage WODS in January I was working with just body weight, and now I am finally starting to add some weight to my WODS.  My strength is nowhere near what it used to be, but I can gradually see it coming back to me.  It’s a good feeling.

I’ve kept up with my running too.  I fall off the wagon all the time with running, and this time I have stuck to it.  Once again, I have stuck to it alone.  I started in January with 7km, and I have built myself up to running 17km… ALONE!  Never in my life did I imaging that I would just get myself up and go run 16+km just for fun. I have surprised myself with that adventure

The food and diet is continuing to be a bit of a struggle for one reason or another.  I completed the 21 day sugar detox, and kept it going for a week post detox.  Then I fell off the wagon (nothing drastic) and gained a few pounds.  I have maintained mostly Paleo.  I have been doing better meal planning, but always find I fall off the wagon when I have company or nothing prepared.  I have realized that if I am serious about the weight loss, then I need to take it seriously and make some serious adjustments.  I have discovered “If it fits my macros” flexible dieting, and I think that is the direction that I am heading in.  Or at least I am trying to.  That is an entire post to itself.  I will get that written ASAP. ;-)



So there it is… an update.  I am still focused, I am still working on my goals, just trying to figure out the best plan.

As always, you can follow me on Instagram: jojos_madhouse or you can just read my blog posts J

Take care,

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment