Tuesday 21 October 2014

Paleo Tandoori Chicken Skewers

The few of you that consistently follow my blog, you may have realized that I have not posted in a very long time (until yesterday that is).  I thought I would have all summer to write my blog and test out new recipes.  I tested tons of recipes, but never got around to the writing portion.  My office was such a huge junk pile, and my macbook is as slow as dirt in its old age... excuses, I know.

Avery was home sick yesterday, inevitably I was too.  I took the opportunity to start cleaning out my office.  By the end of the evening it was clean.  Oh, and Avery moved in.  She has a craft zone in the living room, I should say had, because now she is sharing my office space.  She is pretty excited about it, and it will still allow us to hang out while I type away and share recipes!  So here I am trying to fulfill my commitment of 54 blog posts this year.

Over the summer, or maybe it was just before summer started I did a round of the 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I finally caved and bought the cookbook too.  This is the firs time I have ever paid full price for a cookbook!  I have made tons of recipes from the book, so I shall try to share as many as I tried (my version of course).

This is a recipe for tandoori skewers.  It was quite easy recipe and very tasty too.  Nice dishfor the BBQ.  I didn't use all the sauce on my chicken, so I used it as dip and marinade for a variety of other things.  I'm pretty sure I have it in eggs, on eggs, everywhere.



Ingredients:

3/4 cup full fat coconut milk - I buy Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk (Usually) Superstore sells a brand that is pretty good too
1/2 small red onion - chopped - I used a regular old onion
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons ground corriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika - I was very generous here
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Cayenne Pepper to taste - I like a little kick to my tandoori
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:

  1. soak your skewers in water - stops them from burning on the BBQ
  2. Cube the chicken and place in a large ziplock back
  3. combine the remaining ingredients in your blender or food processor for 1 to 2 minutes - or your sauce looks smooth
  4. Pour the sauce over your chicken and refridgerate for at least 3 hours - overnight if you can - I only kept mine in the fridge for 3 hours
  5. Turn on the BBQ / Grill
  6. While waiting for the BBQ/Grill to heat up add the cubes of chicken to the skewer
  7. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F - or until you think your chicken looks done if you dont have a meat thermometer. 

That is it, pretty easy peasy!!  Delicious too :-)

Happy Cooking

JoJo


No comments:

Post a Comment