Saturday 18 January 2014

Smokey Spice Blend

Today was a spice making day.  I made several concotions thanks to my trusty Practical Paleo book.  I thought I should share the smokey spice blend because I use it in everything.  Today I used it on chicken wings and in my baked chicken meatballs. (I need to update that recipe.... I have made it so much better!)  I also often use the spice in my meat sauce (spaghetti), when roasting veggies, and in almost everything I cook. LOL



Its super easy.  You buy the spices, you measure them out, and you mix them together!  My husband tends to like the mix too, so it is a winner in our house.  (We dont generally give it to Avery, as it can be quite spicy depending on the day)

I will give you the original recipe, but I ALWAYS double or tripple it.  I just use the most giant scoop spoon I have ;-)


Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon chipotle powder  - I tend to be heavy handed
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika  - yep.... heavy handed
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt - usually half the amount
  • 1/2 tablespoon black pepper - 1/4 to 1/2 of the amount

How easy is that?!?!  As a bonus I will share my wing recipe.... toss the wings in oil and seasoning!  Crazy! LOL  

Wing Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. wash and dry chicken wings
  3. In a bowl toss the wings with some oil and seasoning
  4. Lay wings on a cooking sheet and sprinkle with more seasoning (if you want them spicy)
  5. cook for 20 min
  6. turn them over and cook another 20 minutes (add more seasoning to the other side if you so desire - I always do)



Talk about delicious!  You can cool them down with some paleo mayonaise  or some Bacon Guacamole. I personall prefer guacamole :-)

Hope you enjoy this spice as much as we do, and have a spicy day!!
JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment